Sunday, June 23, 2013

Arrived to the rolling green hills of Costa Rica lit under a lightening sky.  On the plane were hoards of young missionaries who were wondering if there would be running water in this country they were going to "help."  Turns out they were headed for the tiny town I was in when I was 15, Rio Frio.  Interesting coincidence.  I was hoping that they had brought more than just the word of God to those families.. 
After a night attempting sleep on a very squeaky top bunk, now I am sitting in the backpackers hostel waiting for the 5 hour bus ride to Samara.  While I've been waiting, I've met a woman from Quebec, a man from India, another from Alabama, and one just returning from Afghanistan.  So refreshing to meet all of these folks that are all seeking a little respite.  It looks like rain today, but its so warm and tropical feeling.   Off to catch the bus... Love to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh...Risa, it's lovely to picture you sitting next to the road in a tropical climate, waiting for the bus and meeting fellow travelers. So poetic!

    ReplyDelete