Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Its taken me a few days to get into a routine here(sorry for the delay, familia), but now I'm settled into my lil room at the hostel mariposa and am enjoying the town of Samara (despite a reported dengue outbreak that I've been very anxious about every time I get a mosquito bite(!) and the rats that frequent the walls when I'm trying to sleep!).  The people are friendly (not overly so I was pleased to find) and its a nice mix of Ticos, ex-pats, and visitors.  And picking mangos and papayas for breakfast is pretty sweet.
I went to an amazing yoga class this morning from an expat yoga teacher named Hawk (from Canada) and then to an empty beach for the afternoon where I body surfed.  Along the way, saw the howler monkeys up close-a family of 7 in a nearby tree, including two lil ones.  So cute! Starting to gear up for my training by going to sleep early and waking with the damn roosters at 5.  The beach is lovely at dawn....
Hope you all are well.   Miss you and wish you were here! 
Su risa

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful way to slow down and recoup from your intense year. Papayas, I read, are excellent to eat to prevent dengue fever! So eat on, dear girl. Thanks for your beautiful images...
    tu Ma

    ReplyDelete