Monday, July 22, 2013

Taught my first 90 minute class this morning!!!!  It went really well and I feel quite satisfied (non-attached of course;) ), but leading up to it was quite the ordeal.  Yesterday it poured the whole afternoon, complete with flooded trails and lightening and thunder overhead simultaneously.  I was practicing in our main yoga studio, realizing my computer and heat from my body were the warmest things in there, so I curled up on my yoga mat for a good 30 minutes, until the lightening passed.  We've been warned of it striking around here.  Then I went into town to get some food and go over my flow with a friend.  We practiced on her porch in the pouring rain, while we blared our playlists...I've discovered an amazing hip-hop/sanskrit band called srikalogy that I highly recommend! 
I incorporated some dance and monkey moves into my flow, which my peers said reflected my personality well.  Not sure if that's a compliment, but hey, I'll take it. I made up a guided visualization comparing breath to ocean and read some Rumi.  I also played Tupac and Talib Kweli, and rocked that sweet lil treetops studio.  A scorpion and tarantula had to be shooed out of the studio!  Amba said I was hired.  What a morning!

Now I'm off to the ocean for a dip before our next class this afternoon.  The rest of this week is smooth sailing I think!  And I'm officially a yoga teacher!!  Woo-hoo & Namaste! 
Hard to believe I'll be back in the bay a week from today!  Friends, I want to see you and we don't even have to do yoga...but if you are into it, I am fresh and ready to teach ya this awesome Nosara flow!!!!! Hope you all are well and enjoying summer nights.  It gets dark at 5:30 here, so enjoy enjoy. 

LOVE,
Risa

No comments:

Post a Comment